If you are like me, it can sometimes be hard to keep up with the hype or activities surrounding holidays. But, this cinnamon ornament heart garland is a simple, homemade Valentine’s craft you can do with your kids that is made from things you probably already have in your pantry at home. Plus it makes your house smell AMAZING!
tip- it is cheaper if you buy your cinnamon in the bulk section of your grocery store.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups apple sauce
- 2 cups cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- twine or ribbon
- heart shaped cookie cutters
- straw for punching holes in your dough
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet
- Mix the apple sauce, cinnamon and flour together until you form a moldable dough. If dough is too sticky, add more flour.
- Roll out dough 1/4 inch thick between 2 pieces of parchment paper. The dough is somewhat sticky so this helps make a smooth surface for cutting out your heart shapes.
- Cut out your shapes and place on baking sheet.
- Punch holes for threading ribbon or twine, using a straw.
- Bake at 200deg F for 2 hours.
- Allow shapes to cool overnight and dry completely.
- Thread hearts together with twine or ribbon!
Thats it! Have fun with different colored ribbon or doing different heart shapes!